Letter to Self
Be done with the anger
Listen to your logic.... for more than 10 minutes
If something feels like it's the truth, chase it
Pay attention to the things you're learning,
don't let yourself forget it. And also, stop falling into your own patterns.
Just because sadness feels real doens't mean its right.
Where, in the last 5 months, has it gotten you?
Nowhere but down, as far as I can see.
Nothing will change -- YOU won't change, unless you make yourself
And I know i'm repeating myself. I really do want to change though... At least, I want things to change. It's all here, it's possible. And I'm sorry you can't work out the puzzles, I'm sorry that you over-analyze everything. I'm sorry you think but never do. But in reality, it's probably not as hard as you think. I say, we try to remember what we've already learned.... try to take the memories and put them to use.
I'm sorry people change. But that's a fact of life. You won't escape it, and you can't always fix it... or know how to. But you can't get lost in your own stupid prose and letters in your notebooks. You have to be a realist sometimes. You're self-indulgent, you're arrogant and you hate it. You don't know how, but you know you have to change yourself, NOW. Well, that involves doing things. Really working for it. It's all about work, really.
God, once you're in, it's really hard to get out.
So easy to get in, so hard to get out
Go back to the plan. Understand what happened, and what you did wrong. Then, forgive yourself. Yeah, you fucked up. I know. Forgive her, too. Try.
Why is this so hard?
Okay. Where was I? Reach out to the people who try to reach you... Less to the people you can never really reach. And remember that it is, in fact, a two-way street....
Be stronger. I'd rather you be too strong, too cold... Don't be cold. Help people, other people. Think of others.... And define what "try" means to you.
I'm losing sight of the purpose of letter... I can't get it out? I don't know. I don't know I don't know I don't know I don't know
Sincerely,