you have to know that all that's ever functional is you
and your ability to kick yourself when your down
and I'm not judging, not chastizing
I'm praising...... empathizing
Because when the lights go out I'm the same girl
the same girl who sits on her bed and thinks about her people
the people. The ones who surround her, interconnecting, breaking off
conjoining and weaving under and over one another into a twisted chain of unbreakable ties
that all lead back to her
me
how they fail, how they triumph
how theyre better, or worse than me
what's enviable and what certainly isn't
and which bits and pieces I want to be part of this strange combination that defines the person I am
And I'm the one who had to learn that in the end
just because they're in the bottom of my heart
doesnt mean they're in the palm of my hand
and a certain distance must be kept, because
everyone fails
especially me
and since i cant close my eyes, breath, and be gone
I have to deal with this truth
we all do