Saturday, February 20, 2010

Well

I'm sitting here on Saturday ignoring responsibility feeling tired, ugly, awful
after all night with no sleep and a 6 hour nap. Isn't that literal definition of being nocturnal?

I'm sure I could find something interesting to talk about, but it's definitely something i've talked about before. I really don't want to mull over the past anymore. I just want it to finally settle into being The Past. Thinking about it incessently doesn't make it feel like it's over for good. But I've always been like that with my memories. I've never fully comprehended that they're over, for real. Forever. I always think that if I try hard enough, remember well enough, I can always go back if only for a little while. But remembering is really all I have and it loses its color, loses the sharpness. Diludes until it's nothing but an ache in my stomach, a core tangible emotion that overrides all others, and a souvenir that exists only to prove that at some point it was real, and it certainly felt like forever then.

And now we're here. In the present.
Here we are, in 9th grade
and if nothing else, I can say it's definitely made a name for itself,
and I won't be forgetting it soon