Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Well

I was on the right track?
Why do I keep misplacing my purpose.... I knew it was there.
I knew I wanted to be something specific. I know I had goals.
But I fall into the ease of my habits and I continue without any remorse
And I'm guilty of it, too

For everything he lectured us on
And I'm guilty, and perhaps even more at fault
Because I know better
Because I know the correct answer before I even ask the question
and I know I should stand up for what I truly,
honestly,
sincerely without hesitation
beleive. But I take a deep breath and I hold my toungue
avert my eyes, look away
I might even contribute to it, on a bad day
or, maybe everyday

But I need to stop relying on outside forces to remind me of what's right
Because I know better

God, I want to be good enough
Good enough dancer, good enough friend
good enough person, good enough student,
good enough daughter, good enough for him, her, and all of them
Mostly?
Good enough for myself