you're virtually the only thing that ever gets to me
The only thing that ever reaches me to prick and prod,
cut and tear inside to the point of damp eyelashes
and an elephant on my chest
And maybe, i'll always remember how it hurt
always view it in a certain way,
always cringe a little inside when i see you smiling
But somehow, I know I forgive you
In all senses of the word
Because I understand the situation
And I see the girl you don't recognize
Which is quite the feat, I might add
I see her and she winks and then I'm back in Here and Now
and You and Her are not so different
Not too different
And I like both of you the same, anyway
And I know that I'm deep inside your heart upon a hill
By an odd lamp post and a tabby cat
And you have to understand something ---
I have minutes where I can't breathe and it still burns
moments with doubts and worries and that still burns
But normally, my clear blue sky has no bloody red
Normally, it's the exact hue of your eyes
and clouds dot it like freckles dapple your lovely face,
And I'm fine and together and I love you
Love you despite the pain laced where you hold my heart
Because it's a two way street,
and because, well,
what else is there for me but to love you?
I've looked. Nothing.
"When can we get together again?
Nevermind, I've lost you.
How can I tell if I love you anymore?
Nevermind, I know I do."